Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!


Halloween has come and gone, and let me tell you, it was a GREAT day!

We carved pumpkins this weekend, and this was the first year that I was old enough to do it mostly on my own.

I decided I wanted a spooky Frankenstein pumpkin so I used a crayon to draw it on.

After that, Daddy helped me get the cutter started, and helped me around the tricky parts, like the teeth.

I think our pumpkins turned out pretty great.  The one on the left was one Mama and I did this afternoon after school.  The 2nd one was the one Mama made for the family (Ellen was going to be a ladybug, and i was a peacock), the third one is the one I did, and the 4th was one that Mama carved for Ellen.

Today at school we had a Halloween party.  We got to make witches brew (trail mix), we had a parade through the school to show off our costumes, and we read a spooky story.  Ellen had a party at daycare too.  

The highlight of the night was trick or treating!!  We added to our outdoor decorations this year and it was sure a hit!  The spider web got upgraded this year with Christmas lights, and Daddy surprised us today with a GIANT spider that moved!  Lots of kids came by our house and were so excited about the spider that they almost forgot to get candy.

Ellen had a last minute costume change to Owlette from PJ Mask because twirly skirts just aren't her thing.  Mama found a hooded sweatshirt with wings, Ellen couldn't have been more excited to wear it.

After we got home we got to dump out our candy and eat as much as we wanted until bedtime.  We scored big with full sized candy bars, bags of chips, and TONS of candy.

It was a pretty great night!  Hope you had an ooky-spooky night!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment