Monday, January 22, 2018

Take it to the Bank

Happy Snow Day!  

Baby Maren is almost 2 weeks old, but I thought I should tell you about her first outing.  A couple weeks ago I was putting money in my piggy bank and was having a hard time, that is when I realized that my problem was that my piggy bank was full!!  I asked Mama what we should do about it and she decided that it was time for Ellen and I to get a bank account.  Mama promised that we would do it on Saturday.

Opening our bank accounts wasn't quite as easy as Mama had thought...first off, baby Maren decided to join our family early, I didn't see why that should change our plans so after lots, and Lots, and LOTS of asking Mama loaded baby Maren, Ellen, and me into the car and we headed to the bank.

Once we got there we learned that the bank no longer has a coin counter and we had to count and roll the money by ourselves.  Mama wasn't so sure about it, but once again, she promised and I wasn't willing to go home without a bank account, so we sat down and started counting.

Luckily they had these neat little trays to help sort the money, and Ellen LOVES sorting things so she was a big help.  They also had these fun tubes to help roll the money as well.

 It only took about an hour but in no time, we were done!  Both Ellen and I got a bank account, Mama said that baby Maren was too little to open one yet, but we will start filling her piggy bank so she can get one too someday.

I can't wait to save up lots of money.  I am not sure what I am going to spend it on, but Mama said that the bank is the safest place to keep our money until I figure it out.

Have a great night!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment