Saturday, July 9, 2016

Let's Go to the Lake


Hey everybody! Ellen here!!  Happy 4th of July!

One year ago, I was right here, in this exact same place, but instead of having a great time, I was laying around and snuggling with Mama (though, that was pretty great too)!!

Not this year!  This year, I had a great time, and so did Sissy!  Daddy and Sissy took me tubing, and we spent plenty of time playing in the sand.

I love getting to hang-out on the boat, but I am not much for playing in the water.

Of course, it wasn't all fun and games, there was work to do too.  Sissy and I got to help Grandma Carolyn clean, and then we helped Papa Tim pick up sticks!

Of course, no holiday would be complete without coordinated outfits.  I REALLY like hats, it was my favorite part.

Though, I also liked the fancy nails that Auntie Naomi got me...at least I liked them for a minute, but then I wanted them OFF!!!!!!
 
 Sissy also had a fancy hat, but she liked her pretty dress much more.

As usual, Jake and Bella were not impressed.

All this playing takes a lot out of a girl.  I sure am glad that Mama likes to walk, because I much prefer to take a nap in the stroller than in a boring crib.


It was a good thing I got a nap in, because Mama decided to let me go out late and watch the fireworks.  Grandma decided that we needed cookies so I helped make those first.

 4th of July can't be beat in Alexandria, getting to watch the fireworks on the lake is just the best.

And we have a new tradition of eating Smores before going to bed!  Why make a great night end early????

Have a great night!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment