Saturday, October 7, 2017

Teddy Bear Parade 2017


Every year the first graders at Lincoln Elementary hold a Teddy Bear Parade, and this year, I got to be in it!!  I remember watching it last year as a kindergartener, and it was amazing to see all of the fun floats.

My teacher announced that it was coming up, and I immediately wanted to start working on it!!  Mama wasn't quite so eager, turns out we had to buy supplies and make a plan before we could start.  She also wouldn't let me stay up way past my bedtime to get it done...doesn't she know how important it is to get your homework done early?!?

I decided to make a Mermaid Boat themed float, because I love Mermaids, and I love boats!

The Mermaid Tail I made for Elly Bear was my favorite part.  Mama helped me make a pattern, but I cut it out and sewed it together.  I also made her shell top.

I named my boat the SS Coral Reef because my mermaid name is Cora.  I also added a prop to the back, and a Bimini to make my boat extra great. 

Mama and I had a ton of fun putting it together.  Mama made sure that I did everything that I could, but she wouldn't let me use the glue gun (which I was not happy about).

On the day of the parade the weather was beautiful, and Mama and Daddy were both able to leave work to come see me.  It was so much fun having all of the other kids cheering for us and getting to show off my hard work.

Have a great night!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment