Saturday, December 23, 2017

Wanna Go Skate?


Hey Everybody!  Ellen Here!

Today Mama and Daddy asked, "Girls, do you wanna go skate?" I wasn't sure what that meant, but Linden sure was excited so I decided I'l go along too.

A few weeks ago we went to the skate shop and rented skates so when Daddy pulled them out of the bag I was REALLY excited!  Mama and Daddy helped me get my skates on and laced up nice and tight.

Because it was my first time, Daddy thought I should wear my bike helmet.  I thought it was kind of silly because I wasn't going to ride my bike, but Daddy said that I had to wear it so I did.

When I first got on the ice it was REALLY slippery and I was sliding all over the place holding Daddy's hand.  I was trying really hard, but I was not having a lot of fun.

Linden, on the other hand, was having a GREAT time.  She took skating lessons last year so she is a pro.

She had a friend who was new to skating so she helped her friend out by pushing her around and helping her learn to glide.

After a while a blue pusher opened up so Daddy let me give it a try.  Once I got to use that, I was having a BLAST gliding and sliding all over the ice.

Mama said that I am too brave, and a little over confident, I don't know what that means.  By the end of our time there I was trying to skate around without holding on at all!

Poor Mama couldn't come on the ice today, she said it was too dangerous for baby in case she fell, so she sat on the side and took pictures of us.

When we were done Mama asked if I had fun, I replied, "No, it was too dangerous, I didn't like it".  She thought it was a pretty silly answer because I was one of the last kids off of the ice.

I sure hope we get to come back soon, we all had a great time!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment