Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sibley Park Light Show

Merry Christmas!  I hope you all are having as great of a day as I am!

I'll tell you all about my Christmas adventures another day, today I want to tell you about the Sibley Park Light Show in Mankato, MN!  We don't go to Mankato a lot, but when we do it is always a great time!

Our first stop when we got to Mankato was to go to the mall.  We didn't do any shopping, but there sure were a lot of people finishing up their Christmas lists!  The mall in Mankato has a carousel inside!  I don't know how long it has been there but my Mama remembers going on that carousel when she was a little girl too.  Mama and Daddy let me go on it 3 times, it was great!

After riding on the carousel we got dinner at Subway and then we went to the Sibley Park Light Show.  We had to wait in line for a long time, but it was REALLY cold (0 degrees!) so we didn't want to walk.  When we finally got to the park we parked our car and got out to talk to Santa.  We got to see 4 of his reindeer, when I sat on Santa's lap I told him that 2 of them were sleeping, he must have told them to wake up, because when we left they were all up walking around.

Here is a picture of me and Daddy in front of the huge tree.  It doesn't look very big because it is so far away, but it was huge, and beautiful!

We decided to get a snack before getting back in the car.  I got this really yummy rice krispie bar.  I also got a candy cane from Santa that I got to eat.  We were only outside for a couple minutes but we were frozen, good thing our car was toasty warm!

It was so cold that Mama didn't get any pictures of the lights because she didn't want to roll the window down, but they were beautiful.  I can't wait to go back next year and go on the sleigh ride and maybe even ice skating!

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and get to spend time with your family.

Love,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment