Saturday, April 26, 2014

More Easter Fun

Two blog posts in one week, guess what that means?  Mama got a new computer!!

To finish up my weekend of Easter fun I thought I would show you the other fun activities I got to do.

One of my favorite parts of Easter is getting to visit the Easter Bunny.  It is just like visiting Santa, but less pressure, I don't have to get a wishlist ready and I don't have to worry about being on the Nice list!  Lots of kids are scared of the Easter Bunny, and I just don't get it.  He comes to my house while I am sleeping, brings me chocolate and fun presents, and hides eggs for me to find!

Of course, it wouldn't be Easter without decorating Easter Eggs.  Last year Mama was worried about me spilling everywhere so she got me a fun egg spinner thing, but this year I got to be a big girl and dip them just like a Big Kid!!  It was a little too messy for Daddy, but Mama and I had fun.

Every year Grandma Nancy's church has an Easter Egg Hunt and it is a TON of fun!  Here I am in my Easter Dress ready to hunt some eggs!

Before the egg hunt we got to watch a movie about Easter and how Jesus died on the cross to save us.  Afterwards we got to go hunting, this year we got to find 35 eggs!!!  Most of the eggs were normal eggs, but every kid got to find one special egg.  The special eggs didn't have anything in them, but that was Ok.  When you found it you were supposed to open it and shout REALLY loud, "JESUS has RISEN!!" and then everybody around you would say, 'He has risen, Indeed!!!"  The empty egg was to remind you of the empty tomb.


Look at how full my basket got!

It was a lot of fun getting to open them up, there was candy, stickers, bracelets and all sorts of other fun things.

The Easter Bunny came to my house too, but Mama doesn't have any good pictures from that.  He was a pretty tricky bunny and some of the eggs were really hard to find, good thing Daddy knew where they all were.

Hope you have a good weekend!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment