Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Apple Picking


We are back!  Ellen here...

A couple weeks ago we took advantage of the great fall weather and went to the apple orchard!

This wasn't just any apple orchard, it had all sorts of places to run, play and have a great time...that is, if you know how to do those things :-)

Linden had a great time running around and climbing.  There were lot of tunnels to climb through and fun slides to go down, and this really big spider web!

There were also animals to pet and some really big signs to take your picture with.

Linden also liked climbing on this big pile of tires.  It had some really fun looking tunnels to go through, Linden thought they were great, Mama didn't look like she enjoyed them so much.

After playing for a bit we had to head out to the orchard and take care of business.  According to Papa Bob, Haralson apples are the way to go.

Daddy and Linden filled one bag, while Mama and me filled the other.

There were so many apples that we had to take a tractor ride to get out there.  Good thing Mama was carrying me or I would have been very tired!

Not only did the orchard have apples, but they also had raspberries!!

Linden and Daddy LOVE raspberries!  Mama said that when she was a little girl she and Grandma Nancy would eat fresh raspberries with ice cream, but because Linden can't eat ice cream Mama made it with vanilla yogurt and now that is Linden's favorite snack.  She says I can't eat berries until I am older.

 It was such a beautiful day, Linden keeps telling me that snow is coming, I don't know what that means.  Linden and Daddy seem pretty excited about it, Mama doesn't look to excited.  Here is a family picture we took out at the orchard!

Once we were all done playing and picking, we decided to go inside and find some treats!  Mama found apple cider donuts and Mama said they were delicious!!

I couldn't eat any, so I decided to just sit by Daddy and look cute :-)

Aren't I such a sweetie??

Gotta head off to bed, I have to wake Mama up in a couple hours so we can snuggle.  I heard her tell Daddy that she wants me to sleep all night, but I know that she enjoys our early morning cuddle time better.

Have a good night,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment