Tuesday, October 14, 2014

North Shore and Good Friends


I have to issue an apology, the blog has been abandoned this summer, but we are back and it will be as great as ever!

I know I have a lot of catching up to do, but I thought I would start out easy and tell you about our mini-vacation last weekend.  

Mama and Daddy went to college in Duluth and love to visit, it had been a while since we had been up there.  We went when I was just a little girl, so I decided to plan a vacation with Ellen, luckily Mama and Daddy agreed!  

One of Mama's roommates from college lives up there so we were super lucky to get to stay with them.  They have a little boy who is also three and we had a great time playing together.

No trip to Duluth is complete without a visit to Gooseberry Falls.  I had a really great time climbing around on the rocks and playing with my friend.  We did a pretty good job of staying away from the water, but I think we both ended up with wet shoes.


After our trip to the falls, we had to come back and get cleaned up so we could ride on the train!!  For the first half of the train ride we were in the back of the train.  Daddy took my friend and me out on the back of the train to look around outside, it was great!  Mama and Ellen stayed inside with my friend's mama and daddy.  Ellen seemed to like snuggling with Mama!

Once we got to the Lester River the train stopped so we could take a look, and then the engine made its way to the next track over so it could attach on to the back of the train and pull us back to the train station.  It was pretty neat getting to see the engine go driving by, and then backup and attach to our train car!!  My friend knew a lot about trains!

 The next day it was time to go home already.  I wish we could have stayed and played more, we had a great time.  Before leaving we headed down to the canal to throw some rocks in the water.

We had to get a picture in front of the lift bridge, of course!!   And we got super lucky and got to see the bride go up a couple times, although the boats weren't very big.

Ellen seemed to like hanging out in the canal, even though she didn't get to throw any rocks.  Mama got her a cute cuddly bear outfit to keep warm, and she loved it.

On our way out of town we decided to drive up to Spirit Mountain to check out the view, and decided to give the alpine coaster a try.  First I went with Daddy...

and I loved it so much that I had to do it again with Mama!!

Before the ride took off Mama and I were taking silly pictures, here is our "THIS RIDE IS REALLY SCCAAARRRRYYYYYY!!!" face...

And our, "Just kidding, this ride is going to be great!" face!

And here is a picture of Ellen just being cute  :-)

While Daddy and I were on the coaster, Mama decided to try to get a picture of Ellen playing in the grass, evidently she wasn't interested.

We had such a great time, I can't wait to go back.  I know why Mama and Daddy love it so much!

Look forward to another post soon,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment