Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Duluth Weekend Part 2: Fun

The food had mom all excited about going to Duluth, I was excited for all of the fun we were going to have...

Mom and dad have been talking about how much fun swimming is ever since I got my first swimsuit. Evidently the big chunk of ice outside grandma Carolyn's house is going to turn into a REALLY fun place to swim, I am not buying it, but we'll see, summer is on its way. Mom and dad took me swimming while we were in Duluth...Here is a picture of me in my new swimming suit:
Mom tried finding me swim diapers for babies as little as me but she had a really hard time. My swim diaper was a little big, but my swimsuit held it on, so it was Ok. I didn't really know what to do in the swimming pool, I mostly just sat in mom's arms and looked around. The water wasn't quite as warm as my bath so I was a little cold and didn't really get to swim too long...


I had a good time swimming but that isn't why we went to Duluth. Here is a picture of my first trip to the Duluth Lift Bridge. It was pretty cold out so mom wouldn't let me get out of my carseat, but it was still a lot of fun. I can't wait until this summer when I get to see the boats go under it, the shipping season doesn't start until this coming weekend.
We made a trip up to Gooseberry Falls too. The water fall was pretty neat, there was an over layer of ice with the water flowing underneath. Here is our first family photo there...

The stairs were really icy so mom was nervous to walk around too much. I really like riding in mom's carrier, I get to snuggle up close to mom and she does all the work! I was toasty warm, although I think mom was a little confused, she put SOCKS on my hands. She said it was to keep them warm because we didn't have any mittens, I thought it was a bit silly!

Mom wouldn't let me go off the trails but dad got to with Jake and Bella. They really liked Gooseberry Falls, there is a LOT to smell.

Over all we had a great trip. It was a little cold, although they are getting a LOT of snow right now so I won't complain!
I'm glad we got to go on our first family vacation, now off to bed...
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment