Monday, March 7, 2011

Rochester Weekend Part 2: Hockey!

Alright, more about our busy weekend...

The reason we decided to go to Rochester for the entire weekend was because my cousin, Tyler, was playing in the Regional Hockey Tournament. His first game was on Friday evening, then it depended on how they did for when they would play next.

Tyler plays on the Lakeville South PeeWee B hockey team. Their first game was Friday night against one of the Rochester teams and they kicked butt! I had a great time watching the game and cuddling with my aunties. Because they won they got to play again on Saturday morning. Saturday they played against Waseca and once again, they kicked butt! It was a really physical game and a fight even broke out!! Tyler had a great time.

After the games I got to hangout with Tyler for a little bit. He is a great cousin and really enjoys cuddling with me and showing me off. He is even ok holding me in front of all of his hockey buddies. I like cuddling with him except right after hockey, he is a STINKY boy!! Either way, he is my favorite cousin so I'll keep him.

Because Tyler's team won the first two games they got to play again on Sunday and this was the BIG game against Rosemount. Tyler's team played them twice during the regular season and even though both games were close and came down to the end, they lost both times 2-3. The team was excited to get one more shot! They took the lead early in the game and things looked pretty good. With less than 6 minutes left in the game one of the Rosemount boys hit the boards hard and had to be taken to the hospital (from what we heard, he was alright, mom and I said a prayer for him, we hope he heals soon), with that the momentum switched and they lost the game 3-4. Everybody was pretty bummed. His team ended up taking third in the tournament.

Even though I am still pretty sleepy and slept through most of the games, I still had a great time cheering him on. Look at the cute Cougar onsie mom made me...the back had Tyler's number on it too!
We had a great time watching the games and really enjoy supporting Tyler and his love of hockey.
We had one more big event of the weekend but that will have to wait until tomorrow's blog!
Have a great night,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment