Monday, March 21, 2011

Duluth Weekend Part 1: Food

We are back from our first family vacation, and let me tell you, we had a GREAT time!! I can see why mom and dad love it up there.

One of mom's favorite parts about going to Duluth is eating out. Mom LOVES to eat out and she especially loves the variety of restaurants. One of mom's favorite restaurants is the New Scenic Cafe along Scenic Highway 61 between Duluth and Two Harbors. We went there on Friday night and it didn't disappoint. Mom had steak and scallops and dad had fish. I had my usual bottle, I was a tad disappointed, I thought it would taste better, but it was pretty standard so no complaints...Mom took a picture of my bottle next to her and dad's.

Mom said the best part of her meal was dessert, she had a chocolate espresso cake. Mom always talks to me about sharing but she made daddy get his own dessert, evidently sharing doesn't apply to dessert...I'll have to file that one away for future reference.
The next day for lunch mom wanted to check out Burrito Union. On their website it said they had a feature burrito called the Meatloaf Burrito and mom REALLY wanted to check it out. Turns out they stopped doing the feature burrito the week before so she had to order a regular one. She gave it good reviews, not as good as Chipotle, but it ranked up there. My burrito tasted just like every other bottle I have ever had, these restaurants need to start catering to the younger crowds...

We went to Midi Restaurant in the Fitgers building for dinner on Saturday night and unfortunately it wasn't anything to rave about. Mom said her food was pretty bland so I opted to wait until we got back to the hotel to have my dinner. I don't think we will be back there again.
Lunch on Sunday was pretty fun. Mom's cousin, Christina, goes to school in Duluth so we called her to see if she wanted to do lunch. Her sister, Jessica was in town so I got to meet them and eat at Subway. It was fun meeting mom's cousins and letting them have a chance to catch up.
That is all for the restaurant reviews. I can't wait until I am old enough to order off the menu, I will be able to compare chicken strips and mac n' cheese.
Tomorrow will be part two of our Duluth Adventure, have a good night!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment