Friday, March 18, 2011

You will never believe what they did to me...

Ok, so I know I made it sound like yesterday's post was going to be the last one until we got home from Duluth, but you will NEVER believe what they did to me yesterday...

It started out like any normal Thursday, wake up, a little tummy time, a little play time, a couple bottles, a couple naps, the usual. The afternoon started to pick up, mom and I went to the store and bought all sorts of things, it was great. Then it got even better, mom and I went and picked dad up at work, we NEVER do that, I was certain we were going to have a great evening. Then we showed up at the doctor's office. I like Dr. Bob so I wasn't discouraged, he and his nurses play with me and give me lots of attention. Little did I know that things were going to go down hill, and FAST!!

First his nurse started by weighing me, 10 pounds 11 ounces!!! I am in the 50th percentile for my weight now! 23 inches long, which puts me in the 75th percentile for height, I was doing great. Then Dr. Bob came in and told mom that I am the picture of perfect health. Pretty standard trip, now on to the rest of the evening.

Then his nurse came in again, this never happens so I was kind of curious, like I said, we like his nurse so I was Ok with it. They put me on the table, and daddy was playing with me while the nurse started messing with my legs, and then, it happened....AAAGGGHHHHH!!! It was so horrible! Not only did they poke me one time with a sharp thing, but they did it two more times! Didn't they understand after the first one that I didn't like it?
Afterwards I got to cuddle with mom for a few minutes while she gave me a bottle. That made things feel much better, I think mom is the best medicine! I got my first bandaids out of the deal, and they had cute circus animals on them so that wasn't so bad.
I don't know if I am going to let mom take me back to Dr. Bob, he tricked me and I didn't like it!! Too bad I am too little for candy, I heard the big kids talking about getting a sucker...maybe next time.
Have a great weekend,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment