Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Good Earth Village 2018


Summer is here and I am doing everything I can to make the best of it.  This year Mama asked me if I wanted to go to summer camp and of course I said Yes!! 

When Mama was a little girl she got to go to Good Earth Village, and she worked there for a summer when she was in college, so when she saw that they had an overnight program for 2nd graders she knew it was my turn!

Leading up to camp I was so excited, I wanted to pack a week in advance, but Mama said we needed to wait until it was a little closer.  When we arrived at camp I was immediately in love and knew I was going to have a great time.  Mama and Daddy left and I didn't look back!

Turns out, Mama and Daddy had plans of their own to have fun while I was at camp.  They still had Ellen and Maren, but none the less, they took a pit stop at Four Daughters Winery on their way home.

Camp was only one night, so Mama and Daddy were back the next day to pick me up.  It was fun getting to lead worship and sing some of the songs that we learned, my favorite was Sanctuary.

I made so many great friends, and had an amazing counselor named Anna.

I had so much fun that when it was time to leave I couldn't help but cry.  We had such a great time hiking, cooking over the campfire, creek splashing, and hanging out with new friends.   Mama said that next time I might be able to stay a couple nights.

I can't wait to go back!!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment