Sunday, June 17, 2018

My Acting Debut!


What a busy week!!  I have always wanted to be in a play so Mama signed me up for play camp and it was everything I dreamed it would be and more!!

Play camp was one week long, and each day we all met for a couple hours to work on the play and then we performed it on the stage at the High School on Friday.  This year the play was Robin Hood!!

I was cast as Alfred the Saxon.  I was a little bummed when I found out that I had to be a boy, but after Mama read the script she pointed out that it was kinda my fault...you see, when I was at auditions the director asked me what part I wanted to be, and I told him I wanted to be Scarlet.  Turns out, Scarlet it really Will Scarlet who is one of Robin Hood's buddies, and a boy.  Oops!

I decided to make the best of it and had a great time.  I was a little nervous because I had to memorize 35 lines!  I got a little mixed up when I was on stage but overall I think I did really great, and it was so much fun getting to do it together with my friends.

It was also fun getting to be on stage and knowing so many people in the audience.  I was so lucky to have my own fan club even, Auntie Wendy and Auntie Missy came down to watch!!

Afterwards we took them out for Ice Cream at the Blast, turns out that was a bad idea!!  We didn't get any pictures there because everybody was sticky and COVERED in ice cream because it was melting too fast, but it was so yummy and a fun way to celebrate.

Have a great night!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment