Monday, May 7, 2012

From the Heart

It has been nearly two weeks since I have posted and life sure has changed a lot since then.

Two weeks ago mama got a call from Grandma Nancy saying that Grandpa Bob was at the hospital because he wasn't feeling very well.  Mama rushed over to Rochester to be with Grandma and Grandpa.  After a bunch of tests Grandpa Bob was checked into the hospital.  By the end of the week it was decided that Grandpa Bob needed a brain biopsy, and early the next week he had been diagnosed with Brain Cancer.

Mama, Daddy and I, (and the rest of the family too), are very sad and it has been very difficult.

This past Saturday was the From the Heart walk in Owatonna.  It is a 5k walk/run that raises money for families in Steele County whose lives have been impacted by cancer.  Mama has taken part in it in the past, but this year we thought it was even more important.  The rain held off and we had a great time.  I really enjoyed cheering everybody on, I spent the whole race saying, "Woo Woo!!  GO! GO! GO! Woo Woo!!"  I even had my cool running shoes on!


While Grandpa Bob was in the hospital Mama spent a lot of time in Rochester to be there for Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Bob.  Daddy and I really missed Mama so we made a couple trips over to visit her.  While there I was a very good girl.  Here is a picture of me reading the paper with Grandpa.

I also made a special note for Grandpa Bob!  The doctors came in the next day and said it was very special, and didn't make Mama wipe it off.

It has been a crazy couple of weeks.  Mama and the rest of us are very sad and know that we need to make the most of the time we have left with Grandpa Bob.  A lot of people have asked what they can do to help, at this point just knowing that we have so many loving and supportive friends is the most important thing.

Remember to say "I love you!" to those you love, and give them a kiss each night.
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment