Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Breakfast on the Farm

On Saturday Mama, Daddy and I went to see Grandma Nancy, Grandpa Bob and Auntie Heidi at Breakfast on the Farm.  Grandma Nancy took Auntie Heidi and Mama every year when they were little, and Grandpa Bob always drove the bus.

Breakfast on the farm is part of RochesterFest.  It allows city kids a chance to go to a real working farm and see how things work and where our food comes from.  The weather was cloudy and a little cool, but it still was a great day. 

Here I am waiting for the bus to show up to bring us out to the farm.  Auntie Heidi let me wear her purse, aren't I such a big girl?

Right away when we got to the farm we had breakfast.  They served pancakes, and sausage, I even got some orange juice!!  This farm was a dairy farm, but they also had a little petting zoo for the day.  I really liked the soft alpacas.

There were lots of baby cows.  This one here was only a week old.

The farm had lots of fun activities.  They had a hay ride that was pulled by horses.  We didn't go on the ride, but we did get to pet the horses.  They sure are big.

The farm also had a lot of tractors that I got to climb on and pretend to drive.  I really liked this fun lawnmower, Grandpa Tim would be so proud!

We had a really great time.  I loved getting to run all over the place without having to hold mama's hand.  I also liked getting to see all the animals.  Here is one more picture, Auntie Heidi found me a silly cow hat...Aren't I cute!!

Have a good night!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment