Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Weekend

I know, Memorial Weekend was a full week ago, which means I should have posted about it sooner, better late than never   :-)

It was a great weekend full of family, fishing, swimming, relaxing, projects and fun.  We were having so much fun we didn't take a lot of pictures, but here are a few:

The highlight event of my weekend was getting to play in the lake.  It. Was. AWESOME.  Mama and Daddy got me a life jacket so I can play in/by the water without them having to hold on to me the whole time.  The minute I was on the beach and saw the water I went RUNNING in.  Mama wasn't sure if I would like it because the water was kinda cold but that didn't slow me down one bit.  Auntie Heidi was the only one brave enough to get in the lake with me.  We played and splashed and she spun me in circles, it was fantastic.  After about a half hour mama made me get out, turn out shivering and blue fingers isn't a good thing...

I do have to give daddy some credit, he did step in the lake and play with me a little bit too...

If my Cousin Tyler were writing this post he would tell you that the highlight of the weekend was getting to go fishing.  He spent a TON of time on the lake and caught enough fish for all of us to eat fish for lunch on the last day.  Here is a picture of Grandpa Bob and Cousin Tyler.

Grandpa Tim and Grandpa Carolyn were nice enough to rent a pontoon for everybody to play on.  Here is a picture of everybody on the boat:  Great Grandma Joan, Auntie Wendy, Grandpa Bob, Autnie Missy, and Cousin Tyler, and Daddy is on the dock!  (Mama said I couldn't go on the boat because the fish hooks and lures were too dangerous)

Grandpa Bob gets some pretty good treatment at the resort, every place he goes he gets to go by golf cart!  I was lucky enough to get to ride along sometimes too.

Here is a picture of me, my Cousin Tyler and Grandpa Bob.

I am so lucky to have a family that can make time to be together.  We were able to get some good family pictures down by the lake.

And lastly, a picture of Mama and Grandpa Bob.

I hope you all had as much fun as I did!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment