Friday, September 14, 2012

Lucy has Croup

Lucy has Croup. 
 
She is sick.  She coughs, and doesn't want to eat, and coughs, and wakes up all night long, and coughs, and is even a little crabby.  Did I mention that she has a cough?  I tried really hard to take care of her, I tried to be like Mama so I covered her with her blanket, and gave her extra juice in her bottle to get liquids in her, and I gave her extra cuddles too.  Turns out, she is still sick.
 
After a couple days of taking care of Lucy I realized I wasn't feeling so good either.  I have tried really hard to make sure Lucy knows how to share, but I really wish she hadn't shared this. I feel so yucky that I didn't want to eat anything...including Strawberry Jello and Cookies...That is a rough day...
 
I have Croup.
 
I cough, and I don't want to eat, and I cough, and I wake up all night...you know the drill.  I am not happy.  The only good thing about being sick is that I got to hang-out with Daddy and Mama all day because was too sick to go to Gretchen's. 
 
Daddy and I did a lot of playing and hanging-out.  He made sure to get me lots of juice, and Popsicles, and cotton candy, and skittles and bubbles...don't tell Mama.  Mama came home in the afternoon, she didn't give me quite as much sugar, but we did have a good time.  I was having a hard time sleeping so Mama took me for a long walk.

After my walk we came home and Mama thought I could use a bath, but before my bath she decided we would have some fun.  Mama brought out the Finger Paint!!  The only picture Mama got of me painting in the tub was this one, but this was just the beginning.  By the time I was done the entire tub was covered, and most of me too!  It was Amazing!

Mama and I had a great afternoon and the best way to complete it, watching 'Wheel (Wheel of Fortune, that is).  I love watching 'Wheel with Mama! 

Hopefully I start feeling better soon, I am sick of coughing, and I could use some sleep.  Hopefully Mama and Daddy don't get sick.

Send Chocolate (Mama says chocolate makes you feel better) ...
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment