Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Up...Down...Across...


Now that Mama and I have recovered from croup, I am back to blogging. 

The big kids at daycare went back to school, which means it is time to start learning for us little kids too.  Last month at daycare we focused on the letter "A".  My last name has a LOT of As in it, so I thought it was pretty neat that we got to start out with that letter.

A is a pretty tricky letter, but after a little bit, I got the hang of it.  Mama did the writing in blue, my writing is in purple...Didn't I do a good job?  I gave myself a twinkle star sticker!!

We got to do all sorts of fun things during our learning about the letter A.  We got to paint with Apples, we played with Acorns and we got to do lots of coloring with the letter A.
 
Gretchen comes up with all sorts of fun ways to help us learn.  To teach us how to to write the letter A Gretchen taught us to say, "Up, Down, Across!"
 
Mama and I were coloring one day and I wanted to show Mama how good I am at writing my name.  Mama wrote in purple and black, my writing is in brown.  I think I am getting pretty close!
 
Off to bed, I have another busy day of learning tomorrow!
Linden
 
 
A quick side note from Mama:  For about two weeks Linden walked around saying, "Up, Down, Across!"  Dave and I kept trying to figure out what she was talking about, maybe a song, or a poem, or something.  After two weeks of her talking about, "Up, Down, Across!" it occurred to me that it was the letter A!  Everyday I am so amazed at how beautiful, smart and wonderful my beautiful little girl is!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment