Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mama got Crafty!

Warning, there are a LOT of pictures, enjoy.

As you already know, Mama and Daddy got me a new Big Girl Bed.  Mama talked about redecorating a bit, but she just wasn't quite sure what she wanted to do.  It may have taken her a couple weeks, but the results are great!

Mama had a great idea to use parchment paper and a crayon (markers and pens don't write on parchment paper) so she could lay out all of the art how she wanted before hanging it on the wall.  It is hard to see the crayon, but it is there...

I wanted to show you some room shots before I show you close-ups of all the art...Here is my bookshelf/reading corner...

And here is my Big Girl Bed!

Mama made most of the art herself...Here is the first sign she made, although she had to re-do it a couple times before she decided she liked it...She used scrapbook paper, her digital cutter, and a 12x12 canvas from the craft store.

Mama bought this one at the Farmers Market (See yesterday's post)

Here is another one Mama made using scrapbook paper and chipboard stickers...

Mama likes this sign the best, she said she immediately thought of me when she read that quote.  She used her digital cutter to make all of the letters.

Mama used cardboard and fake flowers to make me a Pretty Pink L!  (she used scrapbook paper for the circles)

Mama got the wooden plaques from the craft store and painted them.  She then used scrapbook stickers to decorate them.

More circles out of scrapbook paper...

Another L!  Mama was going to use this L for the flowers, but the flowers were too big and it looked pretty funny.  Instead she took scrapbook paper and covered it.

I got this cross from my Auntie Wendy, Auntie Missy and Cousin Tyler when I was baptized and it has been hanging in my room ever since.  I was really happy to see Mama moved it so it could be seen better.

Another canvas Mama made using scrapbook paper and her cutter, she sure does love that thing...

Mama bought this frame at the craft store...

And last but not least, the flower I got from my good friends before I was born (this isn't part of the art wall, but I love it so I thought I would share it again).

Don't you love my new room art!  Mama had a lot of fun making it all, and I love to look at it.  I told you all the pictures would be worth it.

Have a good night,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment