Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It Snowed!!

I don't know if you noticed, but it is getting COLD!  And cold means SNOW!!!

Yesterday was our first real snow which means one thing, time to bake some cookies!  Mama didn't have the ingredients yesterday so we did it today, but it was close enough...

If you remember WAAAY back, you will remember the fun cookie jar that Mama has, we are supposed to pull it out each year for the first snow and fill it full of yummy cookies all Winter.  If you don't remember the cookie jar you can check it out here...

I really like to help Mama in the kitchen.  As soon as she asked if I wanted to bake I ran to my room to get my apron so I don't get my clothes messy. 

Cookies are a lot of hard work, you have to measure the ingredients (I get to count how many scoops Mama makes, and I get to dump them in the bowl!) and then you have to do a lot of stirring.  We added chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and mini M&Ms!

After the dough is all mixed together it is time to put it on the cookie sheet.  I didn't quite figure out how to get mine all lined up like Mama, but they still turned out pretty good.

The hardest part about putting the cookies on the cookie sheet is not eating them.  Between every scoop Mama had to remind me not to lick the spoon...It was just so yummy!

We forgot to take a picture of the cookies when we were done, they were just too yummy to not eat right away!  Now our Snowman Cookie jar has a full tummy and it is time for me to go to bed.

Happy snow day!
Linden

1 comment:

  1. send a cookie to Don Wilkening.. bowman nd.. Thank you Linden

    ReplyDelete