Friday, November 25, 2011

First Snow

You are going to have to excuse the lateness and dis-order of the posts over the next short while...Things have been a little chaotic and random around here, and that is how my blog is going to have to be until I catch up...

Last Saturday was the first snowfall of the season!!  Of course, the first snowfall means one thing, and one thing only, cookies!!

The cookie jar was pretty cute, it had a fun top hat, coal buttons, and a bright red nose (I knew it wasn't made out of a carrot like in the books!)  This snowman cookie jar even had a little sign that he held in his hands, it said "My Tummy's Empty"...

Seeing that it is called a cookie jar, I figured it had to have cookies inside of it...turns out, I was WRONG!!

Mama knew just what to do...Chocolate Chip Cookies to the Rescue!!

Daddy's Aunt Naomi gave him and mama this cookie jar a few years ago.  Inside was a special note that said to pull it out on the first snowfall and tuck it away at the season end.  Each year we are supposed to write the date of the first snowfall on the bottom and enjoy the yummy cookies all season long.  This year not only marks the first snowfall but it also marks the date that Great Grandpa Glen became an angel, we will remember this date and think of him each year as we fill the cookie jar for the first time of the season.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  And I hope you loved the snow as much as I did!!
Love,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment