Saturday, November 19, 2011

Great Grand-Angel Glen


I've been away from the blog for a few days and unfortunately now that I am back I have some pretty sad news.  My Great Grandpa Glen passed away this morning. 

My Great Grandpa was a pretty amazing man (if you didn't already know from reading other posts).  He loved his family (he was married to Great Grandma Joan for 62 years), his work (he didn't quit working until he was close to 80) and being on the lake (he enjoyed fishing, water skiing, boating and sailing).  He also gave the best hugs.

The first time I met Great Grandpa Glen I was just a few weeks old.  We spent the entire time just staring at each other. 

Great Grandpa always had a look of peace and happiness, he always had a smile and encouraging words.  He made it a point to tell me how special and wonderful and loved I am. Looking into his eyes made me think about all of the wonderful and amazing things life has in store for me.
 

As I got older mama and daddy took me to Alexandria many times so we could surprise Great Grandpa, I think he really liked it. I loved getting to see him and put a smile on his face, Grandma Carolyn told me that he always wanted to know when we were coming next.


Grandpa had such an amazing spirit. He taught me to always look on the bright side. Appreciate every moment. And above all, that God will be with me every where I go.

We were very lucky as a family that Great Grandpa Glen was able to enjoy life until just a few weeks ago.  Grandpa was a neat man with lots of stories and wisdom, I wish I had more time to spend with him so I could get to know him even better.  Now he is living in heaven with God, looking down on us and smiling. 

God gained a pretty amazing angel today, I am going to call him my Great Grand-Angel.  Mama, daddy, Grandma Carolyn, Grandpa Tim, Auntie Megan and all of his other family and friends are going to miss him very much.  We appreciate all of the love and support that has already come our way and want to say thank you for the prayers and comforting words.

I miss you and I love you Great Grand-Angel Glen.  There will never be another man like you.

Love,
Your Doodlebug

No comments:

Post a Comment