Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Walker: Part 3

I have to apologize for the lack of picture for today's post, mama wasn't on the ball and didn't get her camera out in time...

Last week was VERY crazy, we drove all over the place, stayed at a bunch of different places, and saw a TON of family.  Auntie Megan was moving, Mama had to work on Wednesday, and Daddy had to visit with some suppliers too, all of this coordinating meant that I didn't get to see my mama for over a day and a half!

Mama left Alexandria before dinner on Tuesday and then met Daddy and Grandma Carolyn at the hotel in the cities Wednesday night after I had already gone to bed.  On Thursday morning I was very happy to see her and wanted to do something special to show her how much I love her.

It took me a little bit to figure it out, but then it came to me!  For 10 months she has been anxiously awaiting the moment I say her name, she was more than happy when I exclaimed "MAMA!" when I saw her!!  In the heat of the moment I decided to top myself...not only did I decide to take my first step, I decided to take 5 steps across the living room!! 

Mama was so excited and proud of me!  I also think it brightened Grandma Carolyn's day that she got to see it too.

I must admit, after taking so many steps on my first try, I was pretty tired.  I really tried taking more steps for Grandpa Tim, Great Grandma Joan,  Grandma Nancy and Auntie Heidi,Wendy and Missy, I just couldn't.  I can't wait until the next time I see them, I have been practicing, both at daycare and at home, I know it won't be long until I am running all around.

Have a good night!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment