Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Baking: Part 1

December 1st means one thing...Bring on the Christmas Baking!!

Mama and Grandma Nancy have a tradition of baking cookies together, they have been doing it since mama was a little girl (that is a REALLY long time...)  Last year I got to take part in their baking day, kind of...

Mama wanted to get an early start on baking...and she told me I have been a great help.  I don't really understand how she thinks I am being so helpful, she only says that when she bakes when I am sleeping...

None the less, after I went to bed mama went into baking mode (shhh...mama doesn't know that I am up blogging...)

Notice the "Part 1" of the blog title...that's right, this is only the start of mama's baking.  She got some pictures of what she worked on tonight.  I can't wait until I am old enough for almond bark (mama's favorite!!)

Mama made all sorts of yummy breads...Blueberry, Cranberry and Banana Chocolate Chip!

She has a really fun pan that makes little mini loaves of bread, that way you can sample them all!

Chocolate covered Ritz Crackers with Peanut Butter...Chocolate, Salt, Peanut Butter...I'll take mama's word...DELICIOUS!

This is where things get good...Almond Bark Covered Pretzels!!

I saved the best for last...Almond Bark Covered Mint Oreos...Mama has a special ingredient, if you promise not to tell I'll share it with you...(It is Cool Mint Oreos, you can only find them during Christmas Time, stock up!!)

I'm excited to see what mama has in store for tomorrow!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment