Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Baking: Part 2

I LOVE Christmas!  My house, more specifically, my closet, is FULL of cookies!!! 

Today was mama's big day of cookie baking, today makes yesterday look like child's play.  I didn't get pictures of everything, but here are some highlights...

She started out the morning making these fun treats, I don't know what to call them, but they are pretzels with a Rolo melted in it and then a pecan on top, mama says they are very yummy!

The Rolo treats are pretty easy and only need a couple minutes in the oven, she she made those between all the stirring needed to make yummy Carmel corn.  She says this stuff is equally delicious.

Mama had a friend come over before lunch and they made 7 dozen sugar cookies!!  In addition they made a batch of chocolate star cookies and a batch of Peanut Butter Cup cookies!  Mama also made three pans of fudge, one with nuts, one without nuts and one with mint chocolate, that one smells the best!

Mama decided to take a break when I got home from daycare so she could play with me and daddy, but after dinner she was back in the kitchen to make a Norwegian cookie that Grandma Nancy taught her, Krumkaka.  They look kind of like ice cream cones...

I don't know if anybody is keeping track, but here are the totals so far...
  • Two Batches of Banana Bread
  • Two Batches of Blueberry Bread
  • Two Batches of Cranberry Bread
  • One full bag of Almond Bark Dipped Pretzels
  • Two packages of Almond Bark dipped Mint Oreos
  • One Full Box of Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers with Peanut Butter
  • Two Batches of Krumkaka
  • One Batch of Star Cookies
  • One Batch of Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
  • Two Batches of Carmel Corn
  • Three Batches of Fudge
  • Two Bags of Rolo treats
  • Two Batches of Sugar Cookies (for mama's friend)
Mama has one day of baking left...All she has left are a couple of batches of Rosettes (another Norwegian Christmas Cookie), and another package of Mint Oreos, just to be certain we don't run out!  Mama also told me we have a special cooking project to work on tomorrow!

I'm really hoping I turn 1 before Christmas...Mama said that I can't have any cookies until I am 1, I'm not really sure what I need to do to get there though...

Have a good night, I know I'll have sweet dreams!!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment