Saturday, December 24, 2011

My very first Christmas Eve


Today was a pretty eventful day, it was my first Christmas Eve!  I knew it had to be a pretty important day because when I woke up from my nap Grandma Nancy, Grandpa Bob, Auntie Heidi, Auntie Wendy, Auntie Missy and Cousin Tyler were all at my house.

After hanging out and eating a big lunch we went to church where we got to sing all of mama's favorite songs. I got to go up for the Children's Talk with my Cousin Tyler too!  After church we all went back to my place to eat dinner and open presents.

Daddy's family has a tradition of reading the greatest story of all time, the story of Jesus' birth, each year before opening presents and he and mama have decided to continue that tradition at our house.  It is pretty amazing that a little baby was born and because of Him all our sins are forgiven and we get to live in Heaven some day.  Mama thinks it is important to read the story before opening gifts to remind us all that we are celebrating Jesus' birth, not just getting presents.  Daddy let me help him read...

After the story was read I got to be the first to open a present.  I got a bunch of neat things, although I really liked the ribbons and paper the best...

After dinner mama and I set our cookies for Santa!  I overheard Jake, Bella and Turk discussing what kind of animals that Santa has.  Jake and Bella said he only had dogs, Turk was insistent that he had a bunch of cats.  To solve the issue we decided to leave cookies for Santa, plus some dog and cat treats to take back with him.  If he only takes dog treats then he must have a dog, if he only takes cat treats he must have a cat, I am guessing he is going to take both  :-)

Off to bed, mama told me Santa wouldn't come unless I am sleeping.

Have a Merry Christmas and if you haven't read the Christmas Story lately you should check it out, it is pretty amazing!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment