Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dear Santa...

I was walking through Target with mama yesterday and saw all of the pretty trees with lights and bright shiny ornaments.  Mama had mentioned Christmas before, but I didn't realize that it was going be be this amazing!!

I saw a picture with a big guy in a red suit with a long beard and a pointy hat, mama told me his name is Santa.  Turns out, all you have to do is write him a letter telling him that you have been a good girl and tell him what you want, then on Christmas he goes around the world with reindeer, lands on the roof, climbs down the chimney, and brings lots of presents!!

I have never written a letter to Santa so I thought I would start here as a rough draft, feel free to give me any suggestions!

Dear Santa,

I have been a very good girl.  I was so nice to my mama that I came three weeks early so she could meet me!  I eat all of my veggies, try really hard to be a good sleeper, and use my indoor voice most of the time.

This is my first Christmas and I am pretty excited.  There are only a few things on my wish-list this year...

1.  Books - I love to read.  Mama loves to read.  Enough said.
2.  Paper - my own paper.  I LOVE to crinkle, rip, and eat paper, but mama and daddy always take it away from me.  If it is my own paper then they can't take it, right?
3.  Puzzles - Mama said this next year is going to be all about learning and figuring things out, what better way to do that than puzzles?
4.  A cell phone and laptop - Once again, mama and daddy won't let me play with theirs...I'd settle for an iPad.
5.  More Hair - I am sick of people asking if I am a boy.
6.  Imagination toys - Dr. Bob said this next year I am going to start playing pretend.  I already love to play with stuffed animals, and I love my play kitchen.
7.  College fund - I am pretty sure I overheard mama and daddy say that they would match any money that is contributed to my college fund...don't tell them I told you...
8.  Teeth - I am sick of trying to get all my big girl teeth to come in.  If you could just bring them for Christmas it would save me a lot of pain and trouble...
9.  Warm Lotion - It is always so cold...I HATE lotion, I get out of my warm bath and mama slathers me in freezing cold lotion.

See, my list is pretty short.  And I think they will all fit down the chimney quite nicely.

Love,
Linden

Ps. Mama is a pretty good baker and we are already discussing what kind of cookies to make for you.  Daddy wants us to make his favorite kind, not sure why, he isn't getting any.



Let me know what you think of my letter to Santa...
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment