Thursday, October 29, 2015

Going to the Doctor


Hey Everybody!  Ellen Here!

This morning Mama told me that I got to go to the doctor again, I thought it was kind of crazy because I was just there the other day, but she knows what's best, so I just went along with it.

I have been to the doctor a LOT this year!  When we went the other day Mama told the doctor about how I have had an ear infection almost every month since I was only a couple months old.  My tummy doesn't like all of the antibiotics so Mama decided there had to be a better solution so she talked to my doctor and they agreed that I need tubes.

I quickly realized that this wasn't going to be a normal trip to the doctor.  When we got there Mama had to fill out a lot of paperwork, and then they gave me a silly outfit to wear!  I really liked playing with the hat, and the shoe covers, though they were a little big for my feet.

It was also special because Mama told me that I could bring my blankie!  I REALLY love my blankie, but Mama says I have to leave it in my room and I certainly can't take it outside with me.

Mama got a special outfit too, the doctor told me that Mama was going to look like a big marshmallow!  Before putting the outfit on Me and Mama had to get a selfie  :-)

That is when it all went south...Mama carried me back to another room, it was cold and there were LOTS of people in there that I didn't know.  They all wanted to talk to me, I just wanted Mama to turn around.

A little while later I realized that I had a moment of weakness and I fell asleep!  Worse yet, Mama was gone.  There were lots of really nice nurses there who were trying to make me feel better, but all I wanted was my Mama.

After a little bit I convinced the nurses that I wasn't going to stop crying until they brought me back to Mama.  My doctor said I was pretty special, one of the nurses rode on the bed with my on her lap when they took me back to Mama, the sweet nurse felt so bad.

Once I was back with Mama I was a lot happier, but I really just wanted to leave.  The nurses kept bringing me snacks and drinks, but I REFUSED to eat them, I would only take stuff that Mama brought me from home.

Mama says my ears will feel better now.  By lunch time I was back to new and having a great time.  Grandma Nancy came over to hang out with Linden for her Halloween party so we got to eat lunch with her too.

Have a great Halloween!
Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment