Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everybody!  Ellen Here!

Linden told me that Halloween is a pretty great holiday, but it was even better than I expected!  Normally Sissy is at school during the day, but they had the day off so she got to come to daycare with me!

When we got to Gretchen's house it was all setup for a party.  

Gretchen put together a ton of fun games.  We got to drop clothes pins into a jar of corn...

Linden got to stand on the chair, not sure why Gretchen didn't let me...

We got to toss rings around the pumpkins...

And play Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin!  Pumpkin is my new favorite word.

The big kids got to decorate pumpkins.  It looked like a lot of fun, but I got to play with a bin of corn which was SO much better!

Gretchen even let Linden carve a pumpkin!!

After she got all of the seeds scooped out she got to do some painting.

Mama made us a special snack to bring to daycare to share with our friends.  Grandma Nancy made Mama and Auntie Heidi a spider cake every year when they were little girls, so now she has started making them for us!  Only, Linden didn't want a spider cake again, so Mama made a witch instead.

Linden and I dressed up as butterflies this year.  I really liked Linden's pretty wings, but my costume was REALLY cozy!

Because Halloween was on a Saturday this year we got to decorate our pumpkins that morning.  Daddy helped me turn mine into a beautiful princess.

Mama helped Linden carve a spooky kitty cat...

And Mama made a butterfly family pumpkin.

We got a TON of candy, and lots of special treats from our neighbors.  Mama stayed back to hand out candy while Daddy walked around with Linden and me.  Mama said we had over 125 trick-or-treaters in less than an hour!

Now it is time to get ready for Thanksgiving!  Happy Fall!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment