Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hoppy Easter!

Hey Everybody!  I hope you all had a great Easter, I know I did!

This year, Easter wasn't just a one-day thing, it was the theme of the entire weekend!  Mama and Daddy didn't go to work on Friday so we went to the cities and saw the Easter Bunny!  I was a little scared to meet him, but when Mama told me he was going to bring me chocolate I decided to be brave and sit on his lap for a picture.  Mama didn't get the picture uploaded, so you guys won't get to see my happy Easter Bunny Smile.  After the Easter Bunny I got to go to lunch at Chipotle with my Auntie Wendy and Cousin Tyler.

On Saturday we went to Grandma Nancy's church in Rochester and did an Easter Egg Hunt!  This year Papa Bob even came to watch me find Easter eggs.  Everybody got to get 18 normal eggs, and one shiny egg.  Auntie Heidi was really good at helping me find eggs.  When you found the shiny egg you were supposed to say, "Jesus is Risen!"  It was a lot of fun.  I learned that the reason we have the Easter Bunny is to teach us about Easter, his big floppy ears teach us to listen, and his big feet remind us of the story about Jesus washing his follower's feet and remind us to be servants.

Of course, Sunday was the big day, and sure enough, the Easter Bunny came to my house!!  Not only did he leave some goodies for me, but he also left some for Mama and Daddy!

I loved going through my Easter Basket.  I got some stuff for my garden, a slinky, some play-doh, and...

 A BUBBLE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!  It was awesome!

After that it was time to search for Easter Eggs.  At first I didn't understand what to do, but I quickly caught on.  The Easter Bunny left me Chocolate Bunnies, Money, and Jelly Beans!  I love Jelly Beans!

Of course, we went to church, it is Easter and we had to hear the story about Jesus, I liked the part where everybody got to say "He is risen indeed!"  We decided to take a family picture at church, do you like my cute dress?  Mama made it for me, and she made one for Baby Katie that matches.  It was pretty cool to have matching dresses, I wonder if Mama will make us matching dresses some day?

And to make the weekend even better, I got to see my Great Grandma Joan, my Grandma Carolyn and my Papa Tim.  Auntie Megan and Tommy joined us at the house after church for lunch.

It was a great weekend spent with the people I love, can't get any better than that!

Hoppy Easter,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment