Monday, May 5, 2014

Pine Cone Adventure


Happy Monday!

After a fun weekend it was back to Gretchen's for another fun filled day.  I got to play with my friends and we even got to play outside!

When Mama came to pick me up I found a pinecone!  

I thought they were called porcupines, but Mama said they come from trees.  On the way home from daycare we drove past a pinecone tree so we stopped to see if we could find some more.  Mama had an extra paper bag in the car so we brought that to put all of our pine cones in.  The pine cones at this tree were long and skinny, but the needles on the tree were short and pokey.

After we collected all of the pine cones we could find, we got back in the car to go home.  And then we saw ANOTHER pine cone tree!!  I wanted just two more pine cones so we stopped, brought our bag, and went searching for more pine cones.  These trees had short, fat pine cones, but the needles were long and skinny.

We found one more pine cone tree on our way home, it was at Grandma Darlene's house, so we stopped there and said Hi to her husband and asked if we could hunt for pine cones.  Their tree didn't have any pine cones on the ground, it must have been a different kind of pine cone tree because the needles were short but really soft.

When we got home we emptied our pine cones out of our bag to play with them.  Mama wrote my name with pine cones, and I used a needle to make a cat toy with another one.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another nice day, I can't wait to see what adventures are in store!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment