Thursday, July 10, 2014

1 Month Old

Ellen Here!

Guess what!?!  I am already one month old!  I am pretty excited about it, but Mama doesn't seem to be celebrating quite as much.

I have changed a lot in the last month.  Mama says I am a pretty good sleeper, most nights I give her at least one 4 hour stretch of sleep, some nights I even bump it up to a 6 hour stretch!!  I am also a pretty good eater, during the day I eat ever 2-3 hours, but then I like to snack in the evenings.  I am a night owl like my Mama, Daddy wants to go to bed by 10, but I like to stay up until at least 11, Mama says we need to work on that.

During the day, Mama and I do a lot of snuggling, I am not a huge fan of sleeping anywhere other than on top of Mama.  During the day I do take at least one nap on my belly on the couch or floor, and at night I like to sleep in my Rock and Play sleeper.

I really like my big sister Linden, although Mama has to keep me safe, Linden really likes to give me big hugs.  On Saturday mornings Daddy and Linden have a weekly movie date while Mama sleeps in.  They have let me come hangout with them which is a ton of fun.  Linden loves getting to cuddle with me.  We used to watch Frozen, but now Linden has started watching Cars.

My puppies and cat like hanging out with me too.  Jake loves taking naps so we get along great.  These days I have started waking up more and Bella likes to come check on me.  I like looking at her, she likes giving me kisses.

Stroller walks are a lot of fun.  Mama and I try to get out of the house a couple times a week for a walk.  We have started walking to Daycare to pick up Linden.  The kids at daycare really like me and everybody wants to play with me.  Mama hopes that the big kids get to see me enough right now that by the time I start at daycare the big kids won't be quite as interested in me.  (Don't ask Mama about me going to daycare, she doesn't want to talk about it).

Before moving to my Rock and Play sleeper at night, Mama and Daddy had me in my crib.  They seem to think I like being swaddled, but I am not sure why.  I am really good a getting my arms out.  Mama said Linden was really good at escaping her jammies and swaddle, I am practicing so I can be even better!

I am still doing a lot of sleeping these days.  Like I said, on Mama's chest is my favorite place, but Mama is trying to get me to start sleeping on my own, though I don't really understand why...

Besides watching movies with Linden, I also like to watch her play.  She really likes dressing up like a princess and dancing to music.  These are her favorite songs right now:

  • Beachin' - Jake Own
  • Beat of the Music - Brett Eldredge
  • Pontoon - Little Big Town
  • Cruise - Florida Georgia Line
  • Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker
  • Compass - Lady Antebellum
  • Let it Go - Frozen
Linden saw some cute princess dresses that were my size and insisted that I should have a princess dress too.  Of course Daddy said yes, he can't resist our cuteness!!


That is what I am up to these days.  Hope you all are having a great week!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment