Tuesday, July 22, 2014

4th of July Recap!

Ellen here to tell you about my first 4th of July!!

It was such a great week and we had a blast!  The first part of the week was a little cold and windy but that didn't stop us from playing at the beach and in the water, well, Linden played in the water, Mama and I did a lot of snuggling under a blanket.

The highlight of the week came on Friday, the 4th of July!!  The neighbors let Linden join them on their pontoon for the boat parade, it was a lot of fun watching all of the decorated boats go past the dock at the resort.  Their boat theme was the Sochi Olympics!


Linden got to help Dan drive the pontoon, and she even got a fun hat to wear!!

Our cousins, Evan and Carter, were at the lake too.  They did a lot of fishing and had a blast, even though they didn't catch very much.

 Mama made sure that all of us girls had cute outfits for the day.  It was pretty cold so she didn't get a good photo, but isn't my headband cute!?!?

Linden was pretty excited to play on the water trampoline all day.  Papa got a new one this year so that made it even more exciting.  Hannah, Sidney, and Aleaha loved playing with her out there.

Grandma also got a new toy for the resort, it is called the Woosh, and it looked like a ton of fun!!  The big girls liked laying on it under the warm sun, Linden and her friends liked running around on it and sliding into the water.

Mama took a break from snuggling me and took Linden on a jetski ride.

And Daddy took all of the big kids tubing!

Linden really likes her tubing buddy, Hannah.

They are so silly, I can't wait until I am big enough to play with them on the lake too!!


It was a great week full of family and friends.  Linden has been going to the Lake for the 4th of July her entire life, so has her lake friend, Lucy.  Linden and Lucy had such a great time playing together, she can't wait until next year when they can play together again.

As for me, it was a pretty great week.  I turned 4 weeks old while we were there, that means that over a quarter of my life was spent at the resort.  I hope we can keep that up, I had a great time snuggling with mom while listening to the sounds of the lake, and going on walks along the trail.

Have a great day, 
Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting on the blog, Ellen. When I get to missing you and Linden (which is every day), I just go to the blog and look at all of the cute pictures and remember that it won't be too long before I get to play with you again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete