Friday, July 11, 2014

How Big is Ellen?

 SOOO Big!!

Ellen here!  It has been a pretty busy week, I have been eating a lot and doing a ton of growing.  I am a pretty happy baby but I take meal time VERY seriously!

Mama brought me to the Amazing Newborn Clinic again.  Linden posted about this when she was just a baby.  Each week Mama can bring me in to a local school and get me weighed by some nurses from the clinic.  It is a great place to ask questions, meet new moms and babies, and see how much I am growing.

We have been pretty busy so we have only been there twice, but it is pretty great.  Because the weather has been so nice we have been able to walk there.  My least favorite part about it is having to get naked in order to be weighed.  Why does the scale have to be so cold??

The first time I went I was just a week and a half old.  When I was born I weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces, and a week later I was just a few ounces shy of reaching my birth weight.

Fast forward a few more weeks and I am up 2 pounds!!

Like I said, eating is serious business.  I try to let Mama get some sleep at night.  I usually give Mama a 4-5 hour stretch of sleep each night which she really appreciates.  During the day I eat every 2 hours which drives Mama a little crazy, but she says if she gets to sleep at night she will let me eat as often as I want during the day.

Time for my early afternoon snack!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment