Thursday, July 23, 2015

July 4th Fun

Last year, Ellen was just a tiny baby for the 4th of July.  This year she was much bigger and we had a great time!

We spent a TON of time at the lake, playing in the water, jumping on the trampoline, and running around on the golf carts.

Every year, we get cute outfits for the 4th of July, this year I got to pick out this pretty dress, all by myself.

And I helped Mama pick out this cute skirt for Ellen!  Mama tried getting a picture of us together, but Ellen would NOT let that happen.  She doesn't like to sit still very much, not sure why Mama thought she would sit for a picture.

Each year, I get to hang out with my great friends and be on their pontoon for the boat parade.  This year it was a mermaid theme, and I got to be a mermaid too!!  Grandma Carolyn surprised me with my very own mermaid tail.  It is just a training tail, until I learn to swim and the Mer-king gives me my real tail, but that is ok, I can walk in mine and I think it is pretty great.

 As usual, I spent plenty of time tubing with my friends.  They are so nice and make sure to help keep me safe.

Great Grandma Joan came over and we got to play a new game together.  Grandma Carolyn got a new game called Pickle the Pirate, and it was a ton of fun!!  Grandma Joan and I played, and I won!

Daddy was pretty happy that we got to spend lots of time on the boat.  Ellen sure loves driving, and honking the horn!!  I'm not sure why Daddy showed her where that button is...

Of course, the highlight of the weekend was the firework!!!!  This year, Mama let me stay up until after the fireworks were done.  Ellen had to go to bed and Mama drove over with her when it got close, but Daddy and I got to take the boat!  Ellen LOVED the fireworks, she giggles and squealed.  The rest of us thought they were pretty great too!

After the show was done, Grandma Carolyn, and I got to go to the resort and make s'mores.  It was WAY past my bedtime, which made it taste even better!

There you have it, we had a great time, with great people.
Linden

1 comment: