Sunday, April 8, 2018

Maren Josephine ~ Child of God


A few weeks ago on Palm Sunday Maren was baptized and welcomed into the family of God.  It was a super fun weekend full of lots of family, and a special time to celebrate Maren.

Palm Sunday is a fun day at church because we get to parade around and wave palms!  It was extra fun having my cousin Mackenzie there with us.

Maren was a very good girl during her baptism, she cried a little bit because she was tired. 

My favorite part of baptism at our church is when all of the kids come up front and welcome the new baby into the church family by singing Let them Come, which talks about Jesus telling the people to let the children come to him because he has time for everyone.

I especially loved that we got to wear our Easter dresses, I love having a reason to dress up and look extra pretty.  

I also love having a reason to eat cake!!  Not only did Mama get a regular cake for Maren's baptism, she also made a Kransakake to celebrate.  Kransakake is a Norwegian celebration cake and EVERYBODY in my family loves when there is a reason to make it!

Maren's baptism gown was a very special gown.  My Great Grandma Ruth (My mom's, mom's, mom) got it for Grandma Nancy over 50 years ago.  Since then Auntie Wendy, Auntie Heidi, Mama, Cousin Tyler, Myself, Ellen, and Maren have all worn it for our baptisms.  In addition, Mama was given a special blanket that was given to her cousin from Grandma Ruth.  Mama loves all of the tradition and that everything was passed down.

It was such a special day,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment