Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Maine

I am sure you all have been waiting at the edge of your seat to hear about my trip to Maine.  Part of the reason it has taken so long is because mama and I have been doing some SERIOUS Olympics watching...but the real reason is that we had so much fun and took so many pictures that it has been hard to figure out what to blog about first!

Here is my highlights reel...

Maine is known for their beautiful coast line and daddy really wanted to take advantage of that so he booked a couple of boat tours.  The whale and puffin tour was a lot of fun, the boat was HUGE and daddy and I made sure to tour every inch of it!  Grandma Nancy, Grandpa Bob and Mama mostly stayed inside the cabin.  It was pretty cool seeing all the birds flying around, and I couldn't believe how big the whales were!!

The main reason we went to Maine was for Mama and Grandpa Bob to eat Loper (Lobster), I just can't quite say that on the beach, and this little lobster shack we found right on the ocean, didn't disappoint!  The lobster was delicious and the pie was AMAZING!  Grandpa Bob and Mama ate all the lobster they could eat in a week. 

Grandma Nancy wanted to go to the ocean so we made sure to check that one off the list.  We found a really great beach that we didn't have to walk real far to get to.  It had really soft sand and a lot of fun rocks to climb on.  Grandpa Bob didn't want to leave, he loved sitting in his chair and listening to the waves.  Grandma Nancy was happy that she got to touch the ocean for the first time in her life.  It was a great day.

My favorite part of the trip was getting to spend so much time with my Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Bob.  (Side note, in real life, I call Grandpa Bob papa.)  We did a lot of driving on this trip and Papa Bob always sat in the front seat.  When I was trying to procrastinate taking a nap I would play a game where I would say, "Hi Papa!" and then Papa Bob would say, "Hi", and then I would say to Grandma Nancy, "Hear him?"  I am a pretty lucky girl to have such a great Papa.

Even though I was Grandpa's girl all week, when I got home Grandma Nancy was the only person I talked about.  I need to convince Mama to let Grandma Nancy come with us on all of our car trips, she is GREAT at helping me procrastinate my naps.  Grandma Nancy loves to talk and sing songs, read books, play with my baby, and count.  Grandma Nancy always had my favorite snacks, plenty of kisses and lots of adventure.  Once again, I am one lucky girl.


I got to see a lot of really neat things while I was in Maine.  We went to the Maine State Aquarium and I got to touch a lot of local sea creatures.  The museum was really small but we still had a great time.

Here is a picture of me in a cave from Acadia National Park.  We went to the top of Cadillac Mountain which is the highest point on the east coast. I really liked climbing on the rocks and running on the paths. 

We did go to a couple other museums.  I think Papa Bob liked the Owls Head Transportation Museum the best.  They had all sorts of old planes, trains and cars that were really neat to see.  I really liked trying to ride this little trike outside.

Each day we did a lot of really good playing, and Mama always says, the more fun you have the more you need a bath.  Good thing the house we stayed at had a REALLY big bath tub!!  This thing was HUGE!!  I liked pretending to slide down the edge like it was a slide, I also liked that I could crawl all around.  Mama and Daddy even brought a couple of my favorite bath toys from home!

All in all, we had a really great trip.  Grandma Nancy said it took Papa Bob a couple days to recover, that's how much fun he had!!

Have a good night,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment