Friday, June 13, 2014

Meet My Baby!!

Hey Everybody!!

Sorry I have been MIA the last few weeks, but things have been busy around here.  Busy with what, you ask?  MY Baby Came!!!!

Mama and Daddy told me that after we got to go for a ride on Papa Tim's boat that Baby Wensley would come and surprise us.  I had a really hard time being patient, and so did Daddy, we couldn't wait to meet her.  I asked every single day if today was the day, but all Mama told me was that it wasn't up to her and we had to wait.

Last Friday, June 6th, I went to daycare just like every other day, but instead of Mama picking me up, our good friend Mandi picked me up.  The minute I saw her I knew that Baby was here!!!!

Mama had an appointment in the morning with her doctor and for various reasons her doctor decided that it was the day.  They decided to start things a little slower to see if labor would start on its own.  After a few hours things were moving along, but daddy joked that Baby was waiting for Ellen to come on TV because the last thing Mama remembered watching was Ellen doing her Dancing on stage and that is when labor really started.  Less than 45 minutes later Mama was fully dilated and after just 2 pushes Baby Ellen made her entrance into the world!

She came out so fast that she was pretty bruised up, and was having a little trouble breathing.  It was a couple minutes before Mama got to hold her, but it was love at first sight.  Here is Mama's first picture with Baby Ellen!

Daddy did a great job and was a great support for Mama.  After Ellen was born Daddy kept saying, "Holy cow, I can't believe how fast and easy that was!!"  Mama wasn't ready to hear about how "easy" it was right away, but the next day she agreed.  Here is Daddy's first picture with Ellen.

Mandi brought me to the hospital after Mama got moved to her new room.  I was so excited to meet Baby.


Right away I climbed up into Mama's bed and wanted to give Baby kisses.  Mama told me that we were going to call her Ellen and I was perfectly Ok with that.  Mama and Daddy messed up and called her Wensley a couple times, but I didn't!  Here is my first picture with Baby Ellen.



I sure love her a lot!!  Whenever I see somebody new I ask if they want to me MY Baby!


I was pretty excited to get to hold her, all by myself!!  She is such a sweet girl and I am a great big sister.

Everybody keeps saying that we look so much alike.  Here are our first pictures side-by-side.


We had some people come visit us while Mama and Ellen were in the hospital.  Here is a picture of Leah, she is a Medical Student and she delivered Baby Ellen (it was the weekend so she got to wear Jeans to work).

 Grandma Carolyn was able to come down to meet Ellen, but Papa Tim had to stay back to get the resort ready.  He can't wait to meet Baby Ellen this weekend.

Grandma Nancy and Papa Bob came over too.  Grandma Nancy said that Papa Bob was just giddy the whole way home, he sure is proud and we are so thankful that he was able to meet all of his grandkids!

All of my Aunties and cousins came to visit us as well.  We are so lucky to have such a loving a great family to support us!

Have a great weekend and enjoy Father's Day!
Linden

2 comments:

  1. The arrival of Ellen was so exciting! Linden is going to be a great "big sister". I love the picture of the 3 girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post, Linden! Congratulations to your mom and your family for having Baby Ellen! She looks absolutely adorable. I think you're going to be the perfect big sister. And yes, you look so much alike. I hope everyone's hale and healthy. Stay amazing and healthy! :)

    Julie Louly @ BabyPlus

    ReplyDelete