Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!


 Happy Father's Day Everybody!  I hope you all had a great day!

We had a great day planned with Daddy today, we went to the races at Canterbury Park.  It was REALLY hot today so Ellen and I wore our cute dresses to help stay cool.  Before today I didn't know much about horse races, and I guess I still don't, but it was so much fun that I would love to go back.  Ellen was having such a great time she couldn't even stop cheering long enough to take a picture.

In addition to the races there were other fun things to do.  We got to see the Budweiser Clydesdale horses.  Mama said Papa Bob would have loved to see them.  I also got to go on a pony ride, but Mama said Ellen was too little.

They have a huge playground and parts of it were the perfect size for Ellen.  She really liked walking back and forth in the tunnels.


After all of that playing Ellen REALLY needed a nap, but not me!  Of course, Ellen's favorite place to take a nap is in Mama's arms.  Mama said she loves all of the cuddles from Ellen, but it was TOO hot, and she is getting too big!

While Ellen was sleeping the horses kept on running.  Daddy let me help pick some of the horses to bet on.  We won a couple times which was fun, though Mama was not lucky at all.  One of the horses we bet on was close to the finish line and ended up getting hurt.  They brought out an ambulance for the rider and the horse, I sure hope both are ok!

Today was Mama's first Father's Day without Papa Bob.  We sure do miss him a lot.  I really like to talk about him and think about what he is doing in Heaven.  Mama says it is good that we think about him a lot because it makes us happy and it means we love him.

I hope everybody had a great day!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment