Friday, January 28, 2011

I don't want to be a Steelers Fan...

Today was a pretty exciting day, we got to go visit Kiaya Espinoza at the hospital and welcome her into the world. Kiaya's mom (Wendy) works with my mom at Federated and was due last Saturday. She was born yesterday at 3:15 in the morning and weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces. She is a week younger than me but she was a LOT bigger (mom said she is basically 4 weeks older, even though she is technically a week younger, I don't really get it, I just agreed).

Mom and Wendy spent the time talking about their labor and how things have been going, I spent the time trying to get Kiaya up to speed on this living outside in the crazy world thing. My biggest word of advice was to sleep as much as possible and not cry too loud, but she didn't agree, she has a REALLY loud and high pitched scream when she is mad, maybe I will have to try that out with my mom and dad. She is making things WAY to easy for her mom, she wants to eat all the time, I think it is more fun to play hard to get with mom and drive her crazy! Kiaya is beautiful and we are so happy for her and her family.

Kiaya's mom and dad are Steelers fans and her mom was sad that she couldn't find any Steelers outfits any more so mom decided to make her one as a present. Mom asked dad who I should cheer for during the Superbowl and dad said the Steelers. Mom made me a matching outfit, but I am not very happy about it. Mom told me that stealing isn't a good thing and now dad is forcing me to be a Steelers fan...I don't get it. Here is a photo of me in my new outfit, maybe if I spit-up on it enough times dad will understand that I am NOT happy! Kiaya seemed to like hers though, maybe her mom hasn't had time to talk to her about stealing.

After leaving the hospital Grandma Nancy, Grandpa Bob, Aunt Heidi and the kids she nanny's for came over for lunch. We went to Applebee's and it was a pretty good time. I got hungry towards the end and mom was REALLY tired so we had to cut our visit short so I could get some food and mom could get some sleep.

It was a VERY busy day but we had a great time. Now I am cuddling with my dad and we are going to have a quiet night at home.

With love,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment