Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend Part 1: Camping Trip

I hope everybody had a great weekend, even though the weather wasn't the best. I had so much fun this weekend I am going to have to split my blog into a couple of posts again...

Thursday was the start of my first Memorial Day weekend and it was a REALLY great start. I got to daycare and Gretchen told me we were going Camping! I wasn't completely sure what camping was, but daddy talks about it all the time so I figured it had to be pretty great.

Gretchen had a tent in her front yard that we got to play in all day. We brought all sorts of fun toys out there and had chairs for everybody to sit on. Here is a group picture of everybody...

It was fun being in the tent, the big kids got to take their shoes off and I got to eat my bottle in there. After lunch Will (far right) got scared of the tent when the wind blew, I tried convincing him it wasn't scary but he didn't listen. We all decided to play outside so Will wouldn't feel left out.

I can't wait until mama and daddy take me camping for real, daddy says we are going sometime this summer. Daddy told me you get to eat all of your meals outside, you get to stay up late, have a campfire and sleep on the ground! I sure hope mom lets me try it out...

Like all good days at daycare, mom stopped the fun by picking me up, although it wasn't a typical day where we went home to play. After a long car ride we got out and I found out I got to go see my cousin Tyler play Tuba in his 6th grade band. It was a lot of fun to listen to the music, but it was really dark in there so I wasn't very happy. I got to play with my cousin a little bit before we hit the road again...

More to come tomorrow...Have a good night!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment