Saturday, October 8, 2011

More Apples

Good Morning Everybody!

I like Saturday, I get to hang out with mama and daddy all day!  I like playing at home and I get to do lots of extra fun things.  Most weekends we are out of town, but not this one, we finally get to stay home.

Like I told you last time, mama is a crazy lady when it comes to baking, and when she gets on a roll, she doesn't stop. As promised, I got to try some of the applesauce that she made last week.  I wasn't so sure about it, it doesn't look like any of the apple sauce I have ever had...

Daddy got the honor of feeding me.  I like when daddy feeds me because I get to make a BIG mess!  I don't know if he likes it, but it sure is a lot of fun!

Turns out, mama's applesauce was DELICIOUS!  Mama said the reason it was so good was because of the cinnamon and a little brown sugar.

The other night Hailey came over so she and mama could make some applesauce for Hailey's family.  I like when Hailey comes over, she has lot of little brothers so she knows how to have fun.  I think she also likes that I am a girl, there are too many boys in that house!

Yesterday mama spent the afternoon making some cookies from a recipe she found on the internet.  The recipe was for Spices Apple Cookies and came from another blog, The Naptime Chef .  The cookies were VERY easy, taste great and look really pretty.  The only thing mama said she would change would be to use a slightly more tart apple so you taste the apple more.  Don't they look great? 

Afterwards, the house smelled AMAZING!

We are getting low on apples, I think I heard mama say she is making a couple pans of apple crisp and then I think she will be close to being out of apples, thank goodness, I don't know how much more of this apple madness I can take!

Have a good weekend,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment