Monday, October 3, 2011

Fun with Oatmeal

Hey Guys!

Tonight is Monday Night, and that means Baby Class night!!  Mama and I enjoy going to baby class through our local ECFE (early childhood family education) group, time for mama and I to play together, time for me to get to play with other babies my age, and time for mama to talk to other parents and try and figure out what she is supposed to do with me (I think we are going to have to join a couple more groups to get her up to speed...just kidding mom).

Tonight the opening activity was playing with oatmeal.  Evidently some babies don't know that you shouldn't eat sand which is why they use oatmeal because you can eat it!

I had a lot of fun, it felt really fun in my fingers...

I even got a scoop to play with!

I decided that if other babies thought eating sand was a good idea then I should try eating the oatmeal.  It tasted kind of funny, I don't know why anybody would eat sand...

I think my favorite part was dumping out the oatmeal and using the pans as instruments, my grandma Carolyn will be so proud!

I think the ECFE girls were playing a trick on me though, every time I would crawl and try to grab a pan I would hit the edge and oatmeal would fly all over the place.  It was kind of funny, except it landed all over me!

The really crazy part was that every once in a while it would start RAINING oatmeal!  That's right, oatmeal was falling from the sky, inside.  It blew my mind!!  I am pretty sure mama and daddy were playing a trick on me too, I noticed they had their hand above my head when it would start, I wonder how they get oatmeal to rain out of their hand??

After all that playing I need to get a good night sleep!
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment