Sunday, December 23, 2012

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Tonight is Christmas Eve Eve and evidently the big guy is coming to visit me tonight, that's right, Santa is coming to my house on Christmas Eve Eve!
 
How did I get so lucky to have Santa visit me early, it's simple, Mama wrote Santa a letter, explained that we won't be home on Christmas morning and asked nicely if he could come a day early. 
 
Mama and I made all sorts of yummy cookies and I picked out the best ones to give him, we even left some caramel corn for his reindeer!! 

Even though Santa is pretty cool, it is still important to remember why we celebrate Christmas.  Last year Grandma Nancy got me a Nativity to play with.

I love playing with it.  Mama told me that an angel came to Mary and told her that she was going to have a very special baby.  Mary and Joseph had to walk a long way and when they got to where they were going they didn't have a hotel room.  Daddy said they didn't have cell phones back then so they just had to knock on doors, the last place that was available to sleep was in a stable with the animals.  The best part of the story comes next, the very special baby is born, Baby Jesus!

After Baby Jesus was born three wise guys came and brought him baby gifts.  Mama said they walked a long way to get to where Baby Jesus was, but I thought taking a tractor would be a better idea...

So that is the story, I think it is pretty cool!

Off to bed, Santa doesn't come until you are fast asleep!
Linden

2 comments: