Sunday, August 14, 2011

Family Camp

Hey Everybody! 

I remembered that I forgot to blog tonight, so I decided to wake up and tell you about my weekend.

This weekend we went with Grandma Nancy and Aunt Heidi to family camp with their church in Rochester, Gloria Dei.  Mama went to that church when she was little and she really liked it, I can definitely see why. 

Our whole family was there this weekend; Grandma Nancy, Grandpa Bob, Aunt Heidi, Aunt Wendy, Aunt Missy, Cousin Tyler, Mama, Daddy and Me!  Camp was in Spring Valley at Good Earth Village.  Mama worked there when she was in college and she loved it.

There were a lot of activities planned for the weekend, creek splashing, games, crafts and hiking!  Mama convinced me to take a nap so I would be well rested for creek splashing, but then I accidentally slept through it, so I didn't get to try, it was kind of cool on Saturday so it was Ok, but I wish I could have gone.  I really liked playing on the front porch of our cabin, there were lots of kids who stopped by to play with me!  From the porch I could watch all of the kids playing in the grass, it was a lot of fun.

I really liked having all of the family there, everybody wanted to play with me, especially cousin Tyler.  Here is a picture of us playing on the couch, we were supposed to be listening to the speaker, but Tyler was so much more fun!!


I got my first real big girl food this weekend, mama let me have a real banana.  Auntie Heidi was really exited to get to feed me, and I LOVED how it tasted.  Mama only let me have a little and then she ate the rest...

Like I said, mama used to work at Good Earth Village as a counselor.  She loved it there, and I can see why.  Mama, Daddy and I did some hiking and the trails were a lot of fun.  This morning we had church on top of the hill, it was a pretty amazing view! 

Over all, it was a great weekend.  Grandpa Bob tried convincing mama to let me have S'mores, and let me stay up late, mama said no to both...None the less, we had a great time!

I guess I should go back to bed so mama and daddy can get some sleep,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment