Sunday, August 7, 2011

First State Park Adventure


Hey everybody! 

Do I love living in Minnesota, or what?  Daddy has been talking about going hiking and camping and today I got my first taste of it, and it was GREAT!

We drove over to Mankato and went to Minneopa State Park.  Minneopa means water falling twice (turns out the trip was educational too!)  The waterfalls were beautiful!  Here is a picture of the big one...


There was a really pretty bridge that you walk over, and then there were a TON of steps, I am sure glad I don't know how to walk yet.  We walked down all of the steps to get to the bottom of the waterfall in the picture below.

Of course, I had to play in the water, although it wasn't quite like my pool or the water park, it was pretty dirty...
Here is a picture of me with mama, aren't we pretty!

Like I said, there were a lot of stairs, so I am sure you are wondering how I was able to make the trip.  Daddy got me this neat backpack that I can sit in!  He does all the work, I get to sit back and enjoy the scenery.


It was a pretty fun trip, I definitely recommend checking it out.  Even if you don't like hiking, you can get to the bridge and see the falls pretty good without having to do the stairs.

I can't wait to go on some more adventures in the state parks.
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment