Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Second Trip to THE Lake

This past weekend mama and daddy and I met Grandma Carolyn, Grandpa Tim, Aunt Megan and her boyfriend Tommy for a really fun vacation.

Mama, daddy and I have made a lot of trips to Alexandria to play on Lake Geneva and we always have a great time, but this was a different lake trip, we went to Lake Superior.

Mama and daddy met in Duluth so they have a special love for the lake, they spent a lot of time down on the boardwalk, hiking around on the rivers, and visiting the waterfalls.  We didn't spend any time in Duluth, although I did get to visit there when I was only 8 weeks old.  This trip was spent in Two Harbors, with day trips further north.

Here is a picture of me with my mama down by the lake.  I REALLY wanted to play in the water, mama warned me it was cold, but I insisted.  Turns out, mama was right, how does she do that?  Good thing mama had a sweatshirt for me so I warmed up quickly.



We had a lot of fun walking around at Split Rock Lighthouse.  It is a long walk from the light house down to the lake (127 stairs!!)  It was worth the walk, it was a pretty amazing view! 

The next day we went up north of Grand Marais to hike to Devil's Kettle Waterfall.  It is a pretty serious hike, over a mile up and down hills, and 170 stairs! Daddy was pretty excited that he got to use his fancy backpack, until he got to the stairs.

It was a pretty neat waterfall and we had a great time.  I know why mama and daddy love the north shore so much.

Have a good night,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment