Sunday, April 3, 2011

Beautiful Bride

I got to go to my second wedding this weekend, I LOVE weddings! It was a really beautiful ceremony. Mom went to college with the groom (Peter) and unfortunately never got a chance to hangout with the bride because they started dating after college. The bride (Mindy) is a graphic designer so as you can imagine, no detail was left out. Here is a picture of the beautiful bride and her groom during the ceremony. After the ceremony we went to the reception and that is where all of the details really came out. As we walked in there was a ledge of candles and photos of all of the important couples in their lives. Once we got into the actual reception room we noticed a candy table full of chocolates, caramels, dipped pretzels and truffle-pops (see below). We heard that the bride and her family made all of the treats, including the candies that were on the table as favors.

We heard that the bride made all of the necklaces, shoes and hair pieces for the bridesmaids. All of the tables had beautiful, unique centerpieces.

Being a graphic designer, the bride created her own invitations, but they weren't your average invitations. Part of the RSVP was interactive and asked questions like, How many slices of cake do you plan on eating? How much punch will you drink? What is your favorite quality of the bride/groom? They used this information to create a "stats sheet" on the reverse side of the menu at the reception. They also had matching programs and wish for the bride and groom cards.

There were so many amazing details that I am sure I am missing ones that I noticed, and I am sure there are countless more that we missed as we tried to soak it all in. It was a great day, but all of the fun is REALLY exhausting. Here is a picture of me in my dress, I was REALLY sleepy!

I have to go and get some play time in before bed. I have been a really good girl this past week, most nights I have slept 7 hours, last night I made it 8!!


Have a great week!

Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment